Thursday, September 11, 2008

Run The Race





Hey guys, still remember the theme of our camp this year? If you had forgotten let me just refresh your memory, our theme was Amazing Race and the theme verse were from Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Well how's things going on in life now? Remember that the race start after the camp? So have u actually started the race? Are you still running? Are you exhausted already? Are you enduring even though you are tired? Had u fell and hurt yourself? Are you standing back up after the fall or sitting there crying all day long? What are you fixing your eye on? Anyone out there supporting you in the race?





As for me I can honestly tell that I am only running at a very slow pace.(or maybe just walking) That's because while running the race I was distracted by all the beautiful scenery, my shoelace got untied, I tripped and fell, got worn out by the hot sun, and when it's raining, heavily I lost my direction due to the blurry vision and headed to the wrong direction.

Despite all that I am still thankful for one thing, that is I am still in the race, I had not quite or gave up on the race although many trial and distraction are ahead of me, because one thing i know is that, no matter I am the first or the last to finish the race, I still will receive a prize as promised by God, with the condition as long as we never give up and are still running the race till we reach the finishing line.


2 Timothy 4:7-8 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

"Jesus has already run the race and rewards those who follow in his footsteps to the finish. Winning isn’t the issue, for we have already been promised the prize. All we need to do is to get in and run the race to completion."(Meghan Kleppinger)


Intersecting Faith & Life: You may not be the fastest runner, and that is okay because the race of faith set before us is one of endurance, not speed. Build up your strength through prayer, studying and meditating on God's Word.

Take care my brothers and sisters, may God bless us richly each time we ask Him to help us in our race, and remember it's not all about winning, it's all about completing the race.

I WILL RUN TO YOU




~~Keng Lik~~

No comments: