Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Abiding in the Vine



Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

One thing you’ll never see is a fruit factory. Now, you’ll see factories for making clothing, cars, and computers, but not a fruit factory. Instead fruit is grown in an orchard. It is dependent upon life. There is no fruit without life.

The only way that fruit is going to ripen and grow is in the right climate and with the right nutrients. Just as we can’t grow bananas in Alaska, we can’t grow and produce the fruit of the Spirit unless we’re in the place where the Spirit can produce His fruit in us.

And that place is walking and abiding in the Spirit.

Read Galatians 5:22-25 today and ask God to help you abide in the Spirit to produce the fruit He desires in your life. "

The above article are extracted from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/LoveWorthFinding/11581429/





~~Keng Lik~~

No comments: